Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Informative Speech

Sad to say, I believe that I did worse in this speech than I did in my first speech. My main problem I need to work on is playing with my hands and rings. I get so nervous I don't even notice that I seem to fidget a lot. Another thing I noticed was that I only faced one side of the class, because I was reading the slide too much. I didn't start or end the speech with any hooks. For example, At the beginning I just stated what I was doing my speech about. And in the end, I ended with " and that's it ". For my next speech, I need to work on my introduction and conclusion more; so I can grasp the attention of the audience. I believe that I seem to sike myself out before I give a speech. Therefore, I become more nervous then I really should be. However, I seem to never be any less nervous as I give more and more speeches. Because I get nervous, I start to stumble on my words a little bit. I believe that on my next speech I will have a better introduction and conclusion. I will also try to have more eye contact with the audience and use more hand gestures.

No comments:

Post a Comment